Monday, August 6, 2007

Music - The Chairman of the Board


Frank Sinatra

I struggled to nominate the first entry in the Music section, I think there are several good nominations but Frank fits the bill as the one you should think of first. His career spans six decades, he was never the most technical of singers, but what made Frank great was who Frank was and what he projected on stage and screen. He was a brilliant entertainer and truly belongs in this hall. If you do not want to sing along with Frank you are just not having a good time.

Bonus: He as much as anyone is responsible for the Vegas we enjoy today.

2 comments:

John S. said...

The Chairman:Music = The Duke:Film

I concur.

JD said...

Never been much of a fan myself. Of course, there are a few songs that I consider noteworthy, but, overall, I wouldn't list him among my favorite artists. That being said, his impact on average across the male population is undeniable and, thus, so is his entitlement to induction.